This qualification is suitable for anyone who wants to work in a school or college setting in a full or part-time support role (this could be in an administrative role, technical or site support, voluntary work or working directly with children and young people in the classroom).
The course is made up of 6 units covering the following themes:
• Child and young person development,
• Safeguarding the welfare of children and young people,
• Communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults,
• Equality, Diversity and Inclusion,
• Schools and colleges as organisations,
• Understanding children and young people’s health and safety.
You’ll work in small groups, led by experienced tutors.
You’ll work on items in class that can be put towards a final portfolio of work. There will also be some additional tasks, such as posters and projects.
Where do I study?
Study will take place in a regimental Learning Centre or classroom either on camp or in a local centre.