The Level 4 Diploma in Learning and Development is for practitioners/managers who wish to demonstrate a high level of skills and understanding, or for those who wish to specialise in narrowly defined areas.
The Diploma also allows you the option to progress on to higher level qualifications or management-related job roles in the education and training sector.
The diversity of units contained within this qualification allows you to demonstrate high level skills and knowledge as a training manager, a practitioner, or a mixture of the two functions, and provides you with a solid foundation for study at a higher / more advanced level.
• Principles, Theories and Practices of Learning and Development
• Reflect on and Improve own Practice in Learning and Development
Optional units group A — Learning and Development units
• Identify the Learning Needs of Organisations
• Identify Individual Learning and Development Needs
• Develop Learning and Development Programmes
• Plan and Prepare Specific Learning and Development Opportunities
• Develop and Prepare Resources for Learning and Development
• Facilitate Learning and Development in Groups
• Facilitate Learning and Development for Individuals
• Manage Learning and Development in Groups
• Engage Learners in the Learning and Development Process
• Evaluate and Improve Learning and Development Provision
• Understanding the Principles and Practices of Assessment
• Assess Occupational Competence in the Work Environment
• Assess Vocational Skills, Knowledge and Understanding
• Understanding the Principles and Practice of Internally
• Assuring the Quality of Assessment
• Internally Assure the Quality of Assessment
• Provide Information and Advice to Learners and Employers
• Engage with Employers to Develop and Support Learning Provision
• Engage with Employers to Facilitate Workforce Development
Optional units group B — Management units
• Develop and Evaluate Operational Plans for Own Area of Responsibility
• Provide Leadership and Direction for Own Area of Responsibility
• Manage Equality of Opportunity, Diversity and Inclusion in Own Area of Responsibility
• Work Productively with Colleagues and Stakeholders
• Plan, Allocate and Monitor Work in Own Area of Responsibility
• Set Objectives and Provide Support for Team Members
• Developing Collaborative Relationships with other Organisations
• Manage a Budget for Own Area of Activity or Work
• Manage the Achievement of Customer Satisfaction
How long is the course
Depends on the individual and their role.
£1800 but you can use your ELC (RACPD is ELC provider number 1620).
To achieve the Diploma you must gain a minimum of 45 credits. Twelve credits are from the two mandatory units and the remaining credits are achieved from a range of optional units.
Where do I study?
Predominantly at your unit although, depending on your trade, some learning may take place at Larkhill.
This qualification creates opportunities for progression to further qualifications in education, training and learning and development. Potential progression opportunities below:
• Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training
• Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training
• Compliance Training Instructor
A minimum of maths and English Functional Skills Level 2 is required to complete this course. If you have not already achieved a Level 2, or GCSE grade C or above, in English or maths, you will be expected to work towards this qualification as part of your vocational course. This will also increase your chances of employment or progression.
For more information or to enrol, please contact the Programme Manager directly on 01980 845732/94322 5732.