About the course
This qualification is for anyone who wants to be a first-aider in the workplace.
The First Aid at Work course provides the comprehensive set of skills needed to become a confident first aider at work, including both the knowledge and ability to deal with medical emergencies. It meets the standards required to help comply with Health and Safety (First Aid) regulations.
The course will be delivered over three days and your instructor will guide you through your training at every stage.
Topics you will cover:
• The role and responsibilities of a first-aider
• Being able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is not breathing normally
• Being able to manage a casualty with external bleeding
• Being able to manage a casualty with a minor injury
• Being able to conduct a secondary survey
• Being able to administer first aid to a casualty with suspected head and spinal injuries
• Being able to administer first aid to a casualty with anaphylaxis.
How long is the course?
This qualification is assessed by a practical demonstration and written/oral questioning.
Where do I study?
This course will take place in the Larkhill area.
For all scheduled courses visit our search course by date page
For more information, or to book and secure your place, please contact 01980 845942.